We are very proud to have been awarded the Silver Artsmark and our long standing partnership with Sefton Music Service has helped towards this recognition. Sefton Music Service provide us with our music teachers Mrs Payet, Mr Bowen and Mrs Edgar.
- Mrs Payet delivers class music across Early Years and Key Stage 1 as well as delivering whole class recorder lessons in Year 3.
- Mrs Edgar teaches whole class brass to Year 4 and takes group tuition across Years 5 and 6.
- Mr Bowen delivers whole class drumming sessions to Years 5 and 6.
- Mrs Payet and Mrs Edgar also take extra curricular clubs in brass and singing.
This specialist teaching ensures that our children receive high quality Music provision across school and ensures that all our Key Stage 2 children have the opportunity to play a variety of musical instruments.
Working with Sefton Music Service has also enabled us to take part in free music projects such as:
- Come and Play with the Halle - Each year selected year groups play alongside the Halle orchestra at the Bridgewater Hall. This experience allows the children to not only see how an orchestra works but form part of this orchestra and further develop their own musical skills.
- Camerata - Year 4 have been working with composer Andy Smith (arranger of the BBC 10 pieces) and 5 members of the Manchester Camerata to compose their own piece of music using their brass instruments. The children will then perform these pieces at a performance for parents.
- Faster, Faster - Year 5 have worked with other schools to take part in a singing performance.
We were honoured to be asked by Sefton Music Service to form part of a best practice film celebrating our effective partnership.